Saturday, May 25, 2013

I got some Ice cream and you cant have some.... Nah- nah-nah-nah-nah-nah

                       
 

Photo By, Steve Thomas
 
 
Do photos change the world? I believe so just like with every cause there is an effect. The photo is the “cause” the reaction is the “effect”. The photo might not change the entire world at that single moment but any little change is a chain reaction to other events that leads to the impact on another piece of time and the world around us. A little change is still, Change.  
A few weeks ago I saw a picture of ice cream, and I instantly wanted ice cream. So the picture (“The Cause”) changed my thinking pattern from watching a movie on the couch to getting up and going to buy some ("The Effect"). So I got in my truck, started it up and off I went but I needed gas.  So my first stop was to the closest gas station. While I was there I talked to the attendant about ice cream, so now I had him craving it too. He then told me his first stop after work will be to pick up his favorite Ben and Jerry’s as we both laughed. I paid for my gas, got in my car and went on my way as my mother called to see how I was and what I was doing. I told her I was heading out to get some ice cream.  She replied “Yum, Come get me I want some too”. So now she’s joining me on my magic carpet ice cream ride. I picked her up and we went on our way as her phone rang, it was my sister. Conversation started and within 10 seconds of my mother telling her what we were doing, we were on our way to go pick her up too. Do you see where this is going? Something as simple as me seeing a picture of ice cream created this scenario.  
I saw the photo and had a reaction and it changed me. A simple picture of ice cream that I saw affected 4 people within 5 minutes. All this was done through the power of one simple photo.
Can a photo change the world? Yes it can. Maybe only one lick at a time but in the end it still shows the power of a photo. So who wants Ice cream?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment